Transitory World (There Was A Soul)



  Transitory World (There Was A Soul) 

There was a soul, 

That flew away, 

Gathering less moan, 

It ascended to the sky. 


Amidst the cries, 

Silent were they, 

To avoid hearing about it, 

Further and further away. 


Leaving behind the race, 

I hurried, 

The body was draped in white, 

Clothed in five layers. 


I fell to my knees, 

Silent and still, 

Seeking words, 

But finding knots in my stomach. 


How precious she was, 

Smiling amidst the white garments, 

Why shouldn't we buy branded 

white shrouds? 

Knowing its inevitability, 

Sooner or later. 


Just keep doing good deeds, 

I heard people around her, 

Speaking kind words of her, 

I peeked within myself, 

Realizing how harsh those moments were, 

They affect us deeply, 

Without uttering a single word. 


Casting away all the curls, 

I gaze upwards, 

Knowing there is a God, 

My Allah, 

Observing us, 

There was a soul. 

         

    By J.H (Janita Hussain). 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts